Poker Room Reviews
Free Poker Rooms
WSOP Satellites 2014
World Series of Poker Satellite Tournaments are running everyday across the internet. Listed below is the top online poker room running WSOP 2014 satellite tournaments. Sign up today and win your seat to the Main Event!
100% up to $600 Bonus
Top Poker Tournament Reviews
Latest Poker Tournament News
Poker Tournament Guide
With all of the online poker rooms out there today, there are plenty of people playing poker and the majority of online poker players spend their time playing tournaments. The reason the majority of poker players online play in tournaments over cash games is because it's less of an investment. With a lot of online poker players on a shoestring bankroll it's important that you make the most out of your money. Your bankroll won't increase drastically in the short term from playing tournaments, but over time it's much more consistent then cash games. Here is a list of the greatest poker tournament pros.
Types of Poker Tournaments
- The most common poker tournament played is a single table nine player sit and go tournament where the top three players win money. These are simple and quick tournaments which you can complete in under an hour.
- Multi-Table tournaments are also popular and these cover any of the tournaments that have more then 10 players in it. The prize pools increase nicely when you play multi-table tournaments, but you also need to commit more time to playing.
- A heads-up tournament is you against one other opponent where the winner takes the prize pool. In a heads-up tournaments you only need to beat one opponent to win money and once you learn how they play you should be able to easily beat them.
- Freeroll tournaments are free poker tournaments put on by most online poker rooms where it's free for the players to join and you also get the chance to win money. The prize pool money comes from the poker room and the tournaments are set-up to draw in players to the poker room.
- Rebuy tournaments are tournaments where players can rebuy into the tournament for a pre-determined amount of time. These tournaments have huge prize pools because of the rebuy money being added to the prize pool, but they take some time to play.
- Satellite poker tournaments are tournaments that you join where the prize pool isn't money, but instead a ticket to another poker event. Many online poker players make it to events like the WSOP through online satellite tournaments so it's worth checking them out.